Sunday, November 9, 2008

She Is Marrying Him

I just found out that an old friend of mine is going to marry a celebrity, who I detest. The thing was, I used to bumped into him either holding a beer in his hand or holding some chicks in his embrace. But that was then, before they met I am sure. There is this vibes about him too that make him want to slap his face. And now, she is marrying him.

I found out by browsing through her facebook profile and I stumbled across some other pictures too. Of her and our friends going for holidays and fooling around. That circle used to includes me. But somehow, I decided to repel from the ring because some of them are obnoxious pompous pigs yet I missed the good old times.

Now my life is more control and tranquil but this is no charade, I get bored with it sometimes. There were times that I wished I could go back to my old life not knowing what to do tomorrow just savour the day as it is and party like tomorrow never comes. Oh not to mention to rub shoulders with the rich and famous. I missed that but that does not mean I love doing it. I think you should know by now, how tarty and arrogant the rich and famous are. At certain point, I thought I was jealous but tell me can you go worshipping and nod yes, yes you are so pretty and great to a person all the time? Not to mention to listen to their bragging story? I know I can’t.

I was born normal and most of circle of friends came from normal background mostly with middle economy class. We still had fun but this rich and famous, although the activity that we did together was groovy and I don’t have to spend a single cent, I feel like shit at the end. I know one thing for sure, I don’t belong with them. Even the fact, my family is not doing badly either at that moment but I understood the feeling of being mediocre and common once.

It feels like shit to brag about your new beemer or new mini when the truth is, they are just cars, not your pride not something that make you wiser. That time, as much as I enjoy the adrenalin rush, I just feel that I needed something meaningful. No scandals, no drama, no hatred, no backstabbing.

So here I am.

Happier. Yes, but sometimes lonely and in need of excitement.

When times like this come, I always tell myself, I need to be around my true friends. Not those who laughed with me and show their blank face when I am in trouble.

All that sweet words and I still wish I am still with them. Well sometimes.

2 comments:

Nad.is.me. said...

Marrying a celebrity? Wah, dah jadi hot story kah? Hehehe.

Nicely written the last two parag. It sure does end with a sigh.

Hehe.

Suzie said...

To Otak Belacan,
He is not that famous but still can be considered as celebrity. Not yet a hot story :P