Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Umbrage

I have this friend that I always envy. Her mix parental made her looks outstanding and even teachers paid extra attention to her, which to me was not fair at all. Teachers should not be biased to the students.

I was there with everyone else and I was as bright as her, if she hogs the first place I would hog the second and if I won the first place, she would get to be the second best. Yet, she will always be the apple of the eye. Of course you get the brownie point, I am covetous. In my opinion, I deserve the same treatment and attention that she got because I worked as hard as she did and I escalated as far as she did. The only two things that I didn’t have were I was not pretty and my parents were not rich people.

Lots of people say that well-off people are rarely congenial and I beg to differ. Her father is pleasant and it is he father who brought wealth in the family but not her mother. Her mother hated my guts, she even wanted to slap me wants because I told my friends I didn’t like her. Okay, I don’t exactly remember what I said but it was something about her being a snob. Which is true. She was!

She told people I shopped at some stupid next door shop and she mocked my enthusiasm for doing so. My parents were not rich back then; of course a shopping trip once in a while would excite me even it was only at some local hypermarket. And there was this particular chapter that still glued in my mind. Oh yes, I remember it vividly. She was away for the whole one month because her whole family went skiing in Switzerland or somewhere (can’t remember exactly where) and when the time she got back, we had to sit for our final. She persuaded me that I should let her copy my answer because it was not her fault that she had to go for the mutherfucking skiing vacation. She made me feel so culpable for being a bad friend that I finally gave in. I aced the test so did she but she came second but when I was sick with chicken pox, she would not return my favour and worst, I found my best friend not talking to me after that.

What the mutherfucker?

Did she not deserve the snob title? Oh, you tell me!

Hmmm. I should just bury the hatchet but how could I when again she made me feel so isolated for not inviting me to her wedding when everybody was invited. I feel like I have rotten pussy that was filled with puss at that moment.

There is no use holding grudges, I know. But I will make sure this will not happen again, not to me or to my descendants. Things are getting better on my side, we were no longer seen as poor but that does not mean that we should forget where we came from. I will never ever give any special treatment to my future kids and not even a single minute make them feel that they are more special and superior than others. I will not let them treat the others like I have been treated.

Everybody should be treated the same, regardless who you are. Everybody deserves every single piece of cake.

Am I still mad at her? To be honest, a little bit but not as much as before. You want to know why?

Because, the formerly brainy, beauty queen is now fat.

Forgive me God, but please let me feel good about myself for few moments.

2 comments:

Nad.is.me. said...

Your prayers are answered. Kekeke. Sila feeling-feeling chic skjap. :p

Beb, semua orang pun tantekkk lah. Walaupun orang pandang tak, tapi diri sendiri kene convince yang kita ni tanteeekkkk.

And and, u envy dia, ntah-ntah, deep inside her, she pun envy u jugak. Who knows kan kan kan?

:)

Ps: U write well seh. Tapi sayang, baru start blogging eh? Teruskannnnnnnnnnnn. I will come back for more! Hehehehe.

Suzie said...

To otak belacan,

I always convince myself that I am pretty, the thing is everyone else around me always rip off my self esteem :)

Sedih kan?