Friday, October 24, 2008

The Best Moment

When I started my years in secondary, my achievement started to plunge gradually. I was no longer one of the smartest girls in school. And that, worries my mum because she always told me, education is very important furthermore that might be the only thing that I could be proud of since we were not born with silver spoon in our mouth.

It was PMR that year, and my trial result was quite bad, I only managed to secure 2A’s the rest were B’s and I even got a D. My parent’s expectation was quite high because in their mind, I am still the old girl I used to be, nerdy, industrious and smart.

On the day when the result was announced, I decided not to go to the school to get the result; I was too nervous so I decided to give them a call instead. The suspense of hearing the result being poured word by word almost killed me. But in the end, I was overjoyed because I managed to bag straight A’s, 8 A’s all together.

I rushed to my mom’s office, my mom was a clerk that time and as soon as she saw me I could see anxiety on her face. When I told her I got straight A’s she hugged me with tears in her eyes. That moment I felt awkward, I was thinking, there’s no need to cry. Let’s rejoice, celebrate instead! My mum was so happy that she gave me RM500 to spend, that was the first time I ever hold that much money.

There is no need to tell what I bought with that money but I will tell you another story that will make this entry matches the title. That time, my father was working in Sarawak and I had not seen him for months. He was always busy and still busy till this very moment but I understood, if it was not because of him, we would not be enjoying life as much as we do now.

It must be my mum who told him the news, the next morning I found him in front of the door and he went hugging me straight away. Later I heard, he was fired because he was not supposed to take any leaves since they were in a crucial time, that time. But he still booked that flight and took off just for me. But not too worry, he was offered another contract after that.

The reason why I wrote this is not to gloat. No. I don’t believe in gloating over petty things like this. All I am saying is, that time, I can’t seem to understand why did my mum had to cry and why did my dad had to leave his job just because I got my result.

But now I realised, that is what family do. We feel happy when our love ones managed to achieve something in their life, we feel happy because we know, we did the right thing and they did the right thing.

We feel happy because as a family, we love and cherish each other.

2 comments:

Ripalo Cal said...

1 very touching story....i enjoyed it.

Suzie said...

To Ripalo Cal,
Thanks dude :)